Article Article management tips

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tips to Be Successful at Anything

What are these and how do we get there? Are we only successful when we are finally slim, financially independent or whatever was important to us? No. Success is not only achieving the result you want but it starts the moment you take deliberate action on a goal which you have decided on.

So all you need to do is start. Well that sounded simple enough. Still, it is sad really how many fail to take any action at all. I know from experience that finding the inner strength to start forward is exhausting.
  • Why-because the effort involved in just figuring out WHERE to start.
  • Why-because the end result seems SO FAR AWAY from reality.
  • Why-because we can't VISUALISE ourselves reaching the end.

Here is what I learnt when I was at a stage in my life where I was overweight, depressed, and not sure whether even if I could have a positive future.

I decided to improve myself by dealing with the most depressing thing that I felt was holding me back...start by losing weight. Seemed simple enough, I read all the books, magazine articles on losing weight and diet plans and became even more depressed and  fatter!

Finally I read an article about a lady who lost weight by cutting back slowly on her food and slowly increasing her exercise. In fact everything was done gradually so before she decreased her food intake more or increased her exercise level she got used to the level she was at first.

This was the turning point for me. Finally it all made sense. To be the person I wanted to be I had to take small manageable steps.
I disposed of all the weight loss books and magazines and set out my plan of action.
Most of all I decided to tell no-one. This was personal. 
I wrote down in a notebook my goal lists. Then I cut out pictures from magazines to inspire me.

I planned my first day's action. First day...I would reduce my number of pieces of toast in the morning from three to two, reduce the sugar in my coffee from two to one, reduce my morning tea biscuits from two to one and so on. I also decided to start exercising and began going around the home block which took me ten minutes. Not far enough you say but for me it was a start I could handle.

Some how it was actually happening.

I wrote down more ideas I could action on. I could finally get excited about my future. I could visualise a better life. Every morning I was excited to get going!
I even decided to make changes by tidying my desk at work, walking up and down the internal stairs, even to being pleasant to everyone in my family and workplace and so on.

I grew in confidence. I was amazed how quickly I could see changes. I lost weight, I looked healthier, my children's behaviour improved and I sold more Life Insurance than the other agents at my workplace for the first time!

I have never looked back. I wanted to become an excellent person in every respect. How- by using my willpower, and discipline I could. Now I have completed changed my life!
  • Everyday still I read over my lists.
  • Everyday I write down what I can do towards these goals.
  • Every night I think through my day, see what I have achieved and plan ahead.

I have developed Million Dollar Success Habits. The best part is ANYONE can do this. 
Just make a start Today - Now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment